Today, companies are proactively taking up this good hearted investment and giving a social value to all their business endeavours.
In India, though corporate have a strong will to dedicate their resources for a social cause, they find it difficult to reach the right people considering the demography and diverse social problems of the country.
CSR funds can be instrumental in supporting India’s growth story. More than 6000 crores was spent by corporates in FY15 (Source: Livemint). However, many companies restrict their spending because of lack of access to projects with good outcomes or even capable NGOs. Yes We Can provides consulting services for small, mid-size and large corporates looking to deploy CSR funds. Our CSR Services help you find reliable NGOs, compare proposals and draft agreements while meeting all legal requirements of the Companies Act.
At Yes We Can, we are uniquely qualified to support companies facing similar questions in identifying appropriate NGO partners and funding opportunities.
Yes We Can has developed a robust framework to ensure each donation is optimally utilised. The process is followed for both CSR funding requests as well as employee volunteering opportunities offered by corporates.
DEVELOP CSR POLICY AND STRATEGY
The first step to building a sustainable and effective CSR initiative is to match the organisation’s vision and culture with a robust CSR policy.
- Develop a customised CSR policy and define the nature of CSR activities suited to the corporate
- Recommend social causes that synergize with the corporate’s ethos and community need
- Study existing social initiatives (if any) and structure them to promote strategic giving
- Comply with statutory requirements towards CSR as prescribed in the Companies Act, 2013
Deployment of CSR Funds
Through a structured 4-step approach Yes We Can assists clients in optimally channelizing their CSR funds.
- Solicit & Evaluate Proposals
- Conduct Detailed Analysis
- Recommend to the Corporate
- Facilitate Grant Disbursal
MONITOR & EVALUATE CSR PROGRAMS
Post disbursement of CSR funds, we facilitate project feedback and subsequent disbursements.
- Co-ordinate with NGOs to develop a reporting plan with defined milestones
- NGO to submit quarterly fund utilisation statement
- Examine the input – outcome – impact metrics
- Assess other evaluation parameters depending on the type of project being monitored
Yes We Can can conduct a due diligence – financial and qualitative – on one or more NGOs as a standalone service. We offer these services to both clients associated with an NGO partner or wishing to identify an appropriate NGO partner for CSR implementation.
A. FINANCIAL DUE DILIGENCE:
Provides the donor with insights into:
- NGO’s financial reporting standards
- Details of various income sources; suggesting level of dependency on donors
- Breakdown of project-wise expenses; indicating allocation of funds on program activities v/s overheads and other non program related activities
- Efficiency levels, liquidity position, sustainability, etc. using ratio analysis
- Performance of the concerned NGO v/s its peers and sector average
B. NON-FINANCIAL DUE DILIGENCE:
Brings out the qualitative aspects of an NGO:
- Organisation culture and operating practises followed such as fund flow management, maintaining beneficiary records, manuals, etc
- Quality of relationship maintained with key stakeholders like employees, beneficiaries, donors, and vendors
- Track record of the management team, governing body or advisory board
- Meeting compliances as mandated by the law
- Enquire about ongoing litigations / court cases, etc.
- Future plans, challenges and improvement areas
- Measures / tools adopted to assess the impact made or is likely to make through its program activities
Yes We Can has developed a nation-wide volunteer opportunity database which is available on our website to both individuals and corporates (click here).
We accept mandates to design customised volunteering programs.
- Process followed to customise volunteering programs
- Gather individual employee volunteering preferences (place, time, day, cause) with an online form
- Map volunteer preferences with opportunities available at relevant NGO organisations